Saturday, November 10, 2007

Wikimania


I decided to take a look at the different types of Wiki's they have on the internet. A real good one that has relevance to the library is the Book Lovers Wiki. This wiki is really useful because you can see books that were read and reviews. This gives any reader useful insight from another reader and they are broken down by genres. You can always go in an edit the page if maybe you read the book and would like to add something to the review or maybe just post a new review yourself. To edit though, you do need a password and need to submit your email address. Right now there are not to many book reviews but I can see the potential for growth. I see myself referring to this site as well as others to make my job a bit more easy. I may post some of my book reviews as well to get familiarized with the web site.

No comments: